Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Places to see in Japan

I have been asked to talk about something off subject.. instead of my usual love of being all diapered up (which i want to be right now!! But I have to work soon) I was asked to talk about places to see in Japan.

Well Tokyo is a big ugly city which is a fine example of the Japanese lack of urban planning... the streets are a mess, the buildings are not so pretty... and the skyline is not all that great. I mean, if you look at Hong Kong, or Seattle or even Paris... they all have recognizable skylines, but Tokyo doesn't

If you really want to see Japan, you should really step away from Tokyo. Yeah, there are some things worth seeing in the city, but real, Japan is in the countryside.

Now my favorite place is Northern Japan, the Tohoku region of Japan. I often go there for vacations (but it has been years since) Yamagata is my favorite place, especially Yamadera, which is a temple on the top of a mountain with about 1000 stone steps to climb. Going up isn't so bad, going down is the killer. Also small places like ginzan onsen are wonderful little get aways.
Aomori is nice too, especially around apple season.

If you want really beautiful scenery, head south towards Shikoku, which is the Island across the bay from Oksaka/Kobe. Shikoku has some really nice moutain/waterfall scenery!

That is one thing about Japan, naturally it is a really dense green country. Lots of trees and dark forests. Unfortunately a lot of this is being torn away to build towns... But if you go into the mountains, the trees are amazing.

If it is food you like, then osaka is the place to go. The Tacoyaki and Okonami yaki is famous... Kyushu, the southern island has some great food too, but i have never been there.

And Okinawa has very beautiful blue waters...but I would go there just to listen to their unique style of music.. it is kind of like smooth island rock, but with a touch of traditional Okinawanese


I hope this helps... I suppose It is just a quick rundown. But I really haven't been on a real vacation since being back in diapers. Mostly because I have been to busy working away...

byebye for now

2 comments:

  1. Greetings. Thank you for these great ideas. If I ever get to that area of the world, I'll keep your words in mind. By the way, I think the new diaper name is very stupid too, but I also thought it was funny. The dogs got shaved yesterday, creating a literal mountain of fur that weighed well over two pounds. Stay cool, and best of luck with work this week. Hopefully you'll have time for a vacation soon, but you might want to check out Adrian's most recent post if you haven't already. It's pretty good I think, and I hope she follows up with more info on hotels as I requested. Have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning a vacation soon... To the USA to see my parents. I am thinking of being diapered up for the airplane trip too
    well time to get ready for work

    ReplyDelete