Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thickness...

Ok I guess I will put in my 2 cents on the issue of diaper thickness. Now I guess one advantage of the Japanese cloth diapers I am using is that it is super easy to control the thickness by simply adding or removing cloth. I would have to admit that my first night back in diapers I probably added a little bit too much and made it too thick. Of course I was not used to wearing at that time, and i was concerned about having enough in there to protect my bunnies from my leaky bladder (because that is the most important thing you know).

I have found that a diaper that is too thin feels very insecure. But thinness is something that most adult diaper companies like to market towards. I don't think I could sleep soundly in one of those paper thin diapers, I wouldn't feel safe at all. Even if it were safe, I wouldn't be able to even fall asleep. Whereas if your diaper is too thick, it can get quite uncomfortable.

I guess those with a fetish are always on the lookout for super thick diapers. But I don't have a fetish as I am a bed wetter, being too thick can really rub against my skin in a strange way, thus making it hard for me fall asleep.

I have been wearing diapers to bed for a year and a half now, and I have finally found that nice happy-medium between thickness, comfort and feeling of protection. For me it is about 3 inches (which is considerably thicker than what is on the market as disposables).

4 comments:

  1. I like Thick diapers just as long as they are not rediculs and i got my Japanese cloth diapers today and i love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony
    I like my diapers to be a little bit more on the thicker side too : ) I just feel more secure that way. But having it way way too thick is a bit ridiculous.

    Where did you get your japanese cloth diapers from??? They feel so warm and happy all the time.

    That is all I wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got them from omutsu & pants my friend ordered them 4 me i love her and my new diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony, that is great. I love O&P because they always do a great job!
    All my diaper covers are from them... I always order when they have bunny prints :)

    ReplyDelete