Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

dont stop me now

This so is just toooooooooooo cool beyond words

Even though I am diapered, I am happy and am NOT going to stop doing the things I love in life.

Too many people are ashamed of themselves and go hide in a box! NOT ME!


anyway, this is just a great happy song... and I am totally going to have to make a cheer routine to this one day...



yeah, so anyway, this song would make a great song to do a cheer dance too... so yeah, writing my story got me thinking a lot about this lately. Why do I start cheerleading? I have always wanted to cheer, dance, tumble, fly...

In high school I couldn't do it because 1) I was too depressed. 2) I was too tall. 3) I was too fat. 4) I was too this 5) I was too that. Most of it was mental.. yeah

that and I HATED the snobby attitude that is often associated with them. I still do. I dont like snobbiness at all. But my friend was a cheerleader in HS and always talked about it.

I have never cheered, for I was (and always will be) a band geek, but I have always wanted to do it. So when I was running the other day, I kicked my leg up into the air to the 4th or 5th step of the monkey bar ladder in the park, it was EASY for me. I was surprised at how flexible I have gotten in the past few months. I realized that I could learn some simple dances and routines. In a few more months I will be able to do the splits if I really work at it.

So I decided to once again defy all odds and learn cheerleading even though I am much too old to start (bleh to that!!!)
I am going to practice some dances and cheers on my own, practice stretching, kicking and jumping. If i am doing good enough I may even start and adult gymnastics classa and see if I can get some flipping going (that would be really awesome). Right now I am just going to do it myself and learn to do as much as I can. I may even one day try out for an adult squad (there are 2 that I know of).

The thing is this has always been a dream of mine, and I am going to do it.

and trust me, finally seeing this as a real possibility in my life is just AWESOME

1 comment:

  1. Greetings. You know what I say? If it suits you, makes you happy and hurts no one else, there is NO good reason not to go for it. I am immensely pleased that you have taken such initiative, though not surprised obviously. I never liked the cheerleaders at my school, but not all cheerleaders are snobby brats I'm sure, just like not all nerds where glasses and talk funny. Well, OK, I'm a nerd and I talk funny, not to mention write funny, but that's the regrettable exception, just a little burp in the gene pool I suppose. At any rate, I see you are still working at it, so all the best as always. I am sure, with your attitude being what it is, that you can succeed with pride and dignity. You should be a motivational speaker. Sorry, just had to say it. Have a phenomenal day, and stay cool. It's been cooler here, but SOOOOOOOO humid! I detest humidity, but at least it feels more like early September than early August.

    ReplyDelete